Love hockey? Love analytics? Then don’t miss the Big Data Cup 2022 (BDC 2022) webinar on Friday, July 15, 2022, 7–9 p.m. EDT.
This event will feature pre-recorded presentations by finalists in BDC 2022, a datathon sponsored by CANSSI, Stathletes, the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto, Carleton University, and St. Lawrence University that invited teams of one to four individuals to evaluate hockey data from both a process and a technical perspective.
This year’s challenge focused on analyses of special teams play in women’s hockey, using data from 2018 and 2022 women’s hockey tournaments and NCAA games. The competition had a category for high school students and undergraduates, as well as an open category for graduate students and anyone else interested in hockey research.
The final team presentations will be judged by a panel of National Hockey League (NHL) executives, and winners will be announced during the webinar.
- 7:00 p.m. | Introductions
- 7:05 p.m. | Student presentation #1
- 7:25 p.m. | Student presentation #2
- 7:45 p.m. | Break
- 7:50 p.m. | Introductions
- 7:55 p.m. | Open presentation #1
- 8:15 p.m. | Open presentation #2
- 8:35 p.m. | Open presentation #3
- 8:55 p.m. | Break
- 9:00 p.m. | Announcement of winners and conclusion