We support unique training opportunities for students and postdoctoral fellows and provide innovative opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations.
Actuarial Science – Biostatistics – Statistics – Data Science
Including Leads & Collaborators From
- Earth Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Ocean Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Planetary Sciences
- Decision Sciences
- Integrative Biology
- Computer Sciences
- Fisheries and Marine Sciences
We’re Connected to
We’re Providing a
Catalyst for Support
We’re committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Together we build a strong foundation for the pursuit of excellence and innovation.
We’re Building Platforms
CANSSI is a world leader in developing programs that support collaborative research and training in statistical sciences. These programs include:
- Collaborative Research Teams (CRT) – tackles complex problems through a three-year research and training agenda.
- CANSSI Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships (CDPF) – provides experience through a comprehensive, two-year training program.
- Graduate Student Enrichment Scholarships (GSES) – promotes broader student experiences and development of new collaborations.
- Research for Social Good (RSG) – targets rapidly-emerging problems that are important to society.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) – supports the foundation for success in all scientific programs through diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We also support activities related to building communities, networking, and communication. Originality, creativity, impact and success is what drives us.
CANSSI is national in scope. We serve researchers, students and postdoctoral fellows in all Canadian universities. We conduct business in French and English, and our programs have an impressive record of involvement at institutions across Canada and around the world.
We work closely with the Statistical Society of Canada and Statistics Canada, national agencies with a common goal of promoting and developing statistical sciences.
Through our Regional Centres, CANSSI’s parts make a greater whole. These centres have the mission of:
- organizing regional agreements regarding operations,
- providing a structure for more effective regional direction of national resources,
- and empowering the regional community to attract provincial support.
View the full 2021 report for more information.