Refereed Research Monograph
- Estimating the error of numerical solutions of systems of nonlinear reaction-diffusion equations, D. Estep, M. Larson and R. Williams, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society 696 (2000), 1-109.
Academic Books and Chapters
- Computational Differential Equations, K. Eriksson, D. Estep, P. Hansbo, and C. Johnson, Cambridge University Press, 1996 (in second printing)
- Practical Analysis in One Variable, D. Estep, Undergraduate Textbooks in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, 2002 (German Edition, 2004)
- Applied Mathematics: Body and Soul, Volumes I, II, III, K. Eriksson, D. Estep and C. Johnson, Springer-Verlag, 2003 (German Edition, 2004)
- Bridging the Scales in Science and Engineering, Editor J. Fish, Oxford University Press, Ch. 11: pages 305-387, Error Estimation for Multiscale Operator Decomposition for Multiphysics Problems, D. Estep, 2010
- Building Confidence in Computational Models: The Science of Verification, Validation, and Uncertainty Quantification, Committee on Mathematical Foundations of Verification, Validation, and Uncertainty Quantification, The National Academies Press, 2012, Appendix B: Adjoint Operators, D. Estep.
- Practical Analysis in Many Variables, D. Estep, under contract with SIAM
- A Ramble Through Probability. How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Measure Theory, S. Basu, T. Butler, D. Estep, and N. Panda, The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2023, to appear
- A Short Course on Duality, Adjoint Operators, Green’s Functions, and A Posteriori Error Analysis
- Short course: A new approach to stochastic inverse problems for scientific inference
- Short Course: Duality, adjoint operators, and uncertainty in a complex world
Don has written and ghostwritten around twelve children books at the early reader level and lower.